Sunday, February 22, 2009

Protestant Mardi Gras

OK, so I'm Presbyterian. Mike is Methodist. But I went to a Methodist college with a predominantly Louisiana Catholic student body, AND Mike loves the Jackson St. Paddy's Day Parade, so Mardi Gras is a big deal for us.

Last night we had some awfully good friends over. The menu was completely off the cuff, but I thought it came together rather well:
Artichoke dip
Homemade salsa (ugly dip that's chopped more coarsely, therefore not so ugly)
Mike's grilled salmon
Macaroni and cheese
Spinach Madeline
Simple green salad with dried cranberries, sliced carrots, and blueberries
Biscuits
King cake with Amaretto whipped cream



The company was wonderful, and it really did us good. We're still reveling in the fun and frivolity. I think my favorite part of the evening was watching Judy enjoy some leftover chocolate mousse, the Amaretto whipped cream, blueberries, and red wine. It really reminded me of Cha-Cha. Also, Angie had a great time playing with the thermo whip and the amaretto whipped cream! I also noticed Dante had a new friend in Jimmy, to whom he cozied up most of the night. Wonder if Jimmy snuck him some salmon?

0 comments:

 

Made by Lena