Life is so good around here lately. Sure, I'm worried about Mom's potential cancer coming back, but I'll worry about that on Wednesday, when we meet with her doctor. The sermon at church today was about how God will take care of us, and I have to trust that. Even though last week I had a bit of a panic attack of worry regarding how I'll be able to handle the next six months of potential chemo on top of my own doctor appointments on top of an already busy schedule.
Where was I? Oh yeah. The good. There's a sexy man sitting on the couch next to me, watching Star Wars. A sleepy dog is sacked out next to said sexy man, and a bratty cat is meowing at our feet. We have a busy and productive week ahead of us that's sure to keep us relatively out of trouble. I can feel the beginning vestiges of the welcome fall creeping up on us (knock on wood), and if you live within 100 miles of where I sit, you can appreciate that.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 13 x 9 inch pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Beat brown sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla and egg.
- Stir in muffin mix and oats.
- Reserve one cup of mixture.
- Pat remaining mixture into prepared pan.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips over low heat until chocolate is melted, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in walnuts (PECANS!).
- Spread over muffin mixture to edge of pan.
- Drop reserved oat mixture by teaspoonfuls over chocolate mixture.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely (in pan) on a wire rack.